Tue, Aug 09|
Most Holy Redeemer Parish Hall
Summer Sing: Haydn Lord Nelson Mass with Jonathan Harvey
In-person Summer Sings return in Hadley!
Time & Location
Aug 09, 2022, 7:00 PM
Most Holy Redeemer Parish Hall, 120 Russell St, Hadley, MA 01035, USA
About the event
The PVS' Summer Sings are open, community events. Our Sings are opportunities to welcome choral enthusiasts and instrumentalists from around the region in an informal and musically rewarding experience. This summer, each Sing is led by a different conductor, who will share comments, work on tricky sections, and then conduct a sing-and-play-through.
We welcome singers of all experience levels. You do not have to have performed the work before, but you will probably get the most out of the experience if you either enjoy sight reading or are familiar with the work. You can bring your own score or borrow a copy from us at the door. Instrumentalists are invited to join a pick-up chamber orchestra, accompanied by pianist Larry Picard. Parts are available on IMSLP or in our music library.
Entry is by donation. Suggested donation is $15. Select an amount to use your credit card, or donate with cash or check at the door.
- Face masks must be worn at all times while in the hall. Masks should be secure, cover your mouth and nose, and we strongly recommend mask types N95, KN95 or KF94.
- Everyone must show proof of vaccination at the door.
- We encourage you to RSVP in advance. We may have to cap attendance to allow for some spacing between singers. RSVPing will also give you a chance to reserve a score, if you need one.
- We will do everything we can to encourage air circulation, including opening doors and windows if the weather allows and/or using air filtration units to supplement the HVAC in the hall.
- We reserve the right to cancel any in-person event in the case of significant changes to local infection numbers or local, state, or federal guidelines. In the case a Summer Sing must be cancelled, you will be welcomed to transfer your RSVP to another Sing or other summer 2022 event.
Donate at the door
Suggested: Donate $15